Marsha - Thumbs Up to the tea & almonds.
Jeff - hates tea but Thumbs Up to the almonds.
Interesting story, I grew up in a family that always had afternoon tea. As kids when we got off the school bus our farmer dad was in the house for his afternoon break and mom had tea ready with a homemade treat. We started young by having tea with milk and sugar which was mostly warm milk with a splash of tea and we later graduated to a cup of tea with a splash of milk. I don't think I had straight tea until I was a married adult which is how I usually drink it now. Oops, I got off topic - the story here is how much Jeff wanted to impress my parents the first time he met them. He arrived at our home just as tea was being served and mom poured him a cupful. He hated tea and tried to force it down and thought the milk and sugar made it even worse. Just as he got half a cup down, dad warmed it up by filling the cup back up again! He finally managed to drink it all and politely declined more but let me know later to never invite him over at tea time again :)
4 comments:
Pretty! A Valentine's blend...sounds lovely! Sweet of Debbie to send it to you.
Cute story. I take milk and sweetener in my tea, and a scone would be good! :)
Pretty tea pot too!
How romantic!
(The story, that is!)
Funny! I didn't grow up in a tea family either but J's grandmother was a big tea drinker and I started drinking it after we were married. I still try to drink a cup most afternoons.
Debbie, that's so nice of you!
I have to remember to try the cocoa almonds. That's another one of my afternoon treats but I only eat them plain.
Not a tea drinking family here! Love the story of poor Jeff :)
The tea sounds lovely, so nice of Debbie. Pretty tea set, looks like tea is very relaxing and peaceful.
Post a Comment