While mine doesn't look quite as festive since I forgot to buy the sliced ripe olives...I used a valentine's plate to make it fun.
Fiesta Ravioli from Melanie of the Sisters' Cafe
1 package (25oz) frozen beef ravioli
1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
1 jar (8oz) salsa
2 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
1 can (2oz) sliced black olives drained (optional)
sour cream and lettuce for garnish
Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet combine enchilada sauce and salsa. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Drain ravioli, add to sauce and gently stir to coat. Top with cheese (and olives, if desired). Cover and cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Bring to the table and enjoy with lettuce and sour cream. Approx. 6 servings You can see their full post HERE.
This one got a big thumbs up from both of us!
For dessert we had Wonton Kisses which was listed on the Taste of Home website as a Valentine dessert. Good thing because while very tastey I think I could only eat them once a year - unless I tried the baked version as some reviewers suggested.
Wonton Kisses from the Taste of Home website
* 24 milk chocolate kisses
* 24 wonton wrappers
* Oil for frying
* Confectioners' sugar
Directions
* Place a chocolate kiss in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners together over candy kiss and press to seal. Repeat.
* In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons for 2-1/2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
The recipe and photo from their website can be found HERE.
They list one as a serving size - now really who only eats one! This recipe also got a Thumbs UP from both of us.
6 comments:
Chocolate wonton look yummy and I like that the recipe is easy. I liked your sugar cookie post too and lucky you to have a heart shaped baking pan. Happy Valentine's day. Hopefully someone will cook and bake for us this Valentine's day but I am not holding my breath:)
Joyce
yum! that looks really good. :)
Marsha, great sounding ravioli. ... The salad and it look so festive on your sparkly heart plate. ... And the wonton sound sinfully delicious. I'm off to look at The Sisters' Cafe blog. ...
I never had Mexican ravioli! Amazing..
We had Italian ravioli tonight..baked it..it's been a long time since I made that!
Glad you both enjoyed it!
I know we would love the ravioli, and your presentation is perfection for your romantic dinner. The wonton would be a huge hit at the next girl's gathering I host :-) Happy Valentine's Day to you and Jeff!
The ravioli's look like a fiesta. Have to try those, they look fantastico :) and those wonton kisses, over the top, love those!
Post a Comment