Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Barb...

Today, I hope you join me in wishing my friend, Barb, a very wonderful Birthday!
Barb is a friend I met on the "net" first at a garden forum, then we became fellow blogging buddies and this summer we met IRL (in real life)! She was everything in person that she was to me online and Jeff even gave her the THUMBS UP, ha, ha! Really, her sense of humor and quick wit is one of our favorite things about her! This past year she has been through a lot but she handles everything with such guts and grace that I was surprised she didn't vent more often...(a much better person than me)!

When I think of her I think of FUN and PLAYFULNESS, I think of her sense of HUMOR and WIT, I think of her acts of FRIENDSHIP and GENEROSITY, and I think of her as the BAKING QUEEN! She didn't blog last Christmas but she left the rest of us trailing her dust as she baked a treat a day through the whole month leading up to Christmas. I don't have to picture her as an icon with these traits like I have on some of the other birthday tributes...I've met her and those descriptions don't do justice. The Lucille Ball to my Ethel, the Shirley to my Luverne...crazy, fun and adventurous! We are meeting again and going shopping this month and I can't for the fun to begin!

Happy Birthday my bodacious friend, Foley!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Marsha, you have the greatest way with words, heartfelt and right on target! Barb is everything you said and more :) What a great birthday post, Happy Birthday, Barb! Wishing the best year ever!

Foley said...

You had me tearing up!!! You're such a sweetie and I can't wait to meet up again in a few weeks and to meet Jayme!
It's been one of the best birthday weekends I've had in a long time and alot of it due to you and all the other sweet & savories!!
I gave Jeff a "Thumbs Up" too...

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a wonderful birthday tribute, Marsha! Once again, Happy Birthday to Barb!

Cynthia said...

Marsha, I cannot think of any better adjectives to describe Barb than the ones you listed. ... Her Christmas baking marathon was definitely a test of her endurance and resourcefulness.

I can only imagine the fun the two of you will have on your upcoming shopping adventure.

Barb, hope you've had a wonderful birthday.

A Grain of Salt said...

Marsha, you descrbed Barb to a tee. Both of you are lucky to have met IRL and you know the rest of us are green with envy at your upcoming shopping trip! Happy B'day to Barb... and many more.