Monday, August 31, 2009

just peachey...

There is nothing like good juicy peaches on a hot August afternoon...eaten fresh dripping down your chin or served with cream and sugar in a bowl...and they are especially good when you make them into homemade peach ice cream!


I am loving my bargain Cusinart ice cream maker and searching for fun new recipes to make with it. The peach ice cream is from a blog called Eliza Domestica and you can click HERE for her post with the recipe. Since all that cream is not very good for our waistlines or cholesterol levels I have found quite a few sorbet recipes to try next.

Marsha - Thumbs UP
Jeff - Thumbs UP

6 comments:

Carol said...

Gets a thumbs up form me, too, looks delicious! and I love the plate :)

Cynthia said...

Wonderful plate, Marsha ... it needed ice cream! Your peach ice cream sounds delicious. I have peaches needing to be used up and all the ingredients on hand except for the evaporated cane sugar. Sounds like I need to search for some tomorrow.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Oh my, that looks so wonderful on the peach plate! I enjoy peaches but sadly, John does not :(

That looks like a great site!

Kathleen said...

I love your plate! The ice cream looks good too.
I made Peach Ice Cream for Suzy's Ice Cream Social.
I should have put a few teaspoons of vodka in it, I was told. It prevents it from getting icy...Have to try that trick!

Foley said...

Peach ice cream sounds so good - cute plate..I wonder how many of us have them!! lol

Glad you are getting good use out of your bargain!

Suzy said...

This reminds me I have two ice cream freezer tubs waiting to be used... I have some nectarines waiting to be eaten too. Thanks for the inspiration Marsha!