Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Debbie!


Though I am late in getting this post up, today is another celebration as it is the birthday of another of my special blogging buddies.

Special birthday wishes go out to my friend, Debbie, who is celebrating one of those "special" birthdays with rounded numbers today :) Debbie is another of the core group of friends that I met on another forum and has now joined the blogging world over at Mountain Breaths. That is a perfect name for her blog...did you know she and her husband are Adirondack 46's? Which means they have climbed all forty-six of the traditionally recognized High Peaks of the Adirondack Mountains. Amazing! When I think of Debbie, I think of the boundless energy she has working full time, hiking mountains, replacing windows, making their cottage a paradise and creating perfect culinary creations from recipes or recreating them on her own! I actually "borrowed" the images for her card from her blog. She taught us all how to make cream cheese filled strawberries and strawberry filled cupcakes. Can there be anything cuter? She also introduced me to Chicken Riggies a pepper filled pasta dish that is a regional favorite in her area of the country and which J & I both love. Thanks Debbie :)

Debbie's an early-bird so she usually is the one that starts our group out with an early morning photo and lots of positive words, in fact I don't know if I've ever heard (I mean read) a truly negative thing from her. Her life is filled with adventure and romance and she has the most creative art piece wine bottles to prove it. She is FUN in a lime polka dot and black & white check kind of way and you would just have to know her to understand that statement. She is creative, caring, generous and kind. A great friend who I am honored to know. She's a lady of leisure this week so I am picturing her as the long-haired beauty with the Jackie-O sunglasses walking down wildflower strewn paths with her husband and their faithful dog, Kiki.

Happy Birthday Debbie! I hope the day and your relaxing vacation surrounding it is filled with love, laughter and loads of FUN!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Marsha, what a lovely tribute to Debbie. ... I agree I think that her stuffed strawberries are legendary, and I've never heard anything but rave reviews about the chicken riggies.

I know we'd like them; I need to add that to my "to try" list. Happy Birthday, Debbie

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

That was a wonderful tribute, Marsha, and all so true!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, thank you kindly for the beautiful wishes. You are very thoughtful to create that special scrapbook page for me! I am printing it for my own scrapbook, and some day perhaps you can teach me how to be as creative as you.