Saturday, January 23, 2010

potato pizza...

Today, is one of those days you just want to sit cozy by the fire and watch a little tv...it is cold and wet outside as shown by this bluejay looking in our window.
Pizza is always a good meal in front of the fire/tv so I made Jayme's version of one our favorite specialty pizzas...garlic mashed potato pizza.
It is so easy to make especially since I used a premade Italian Herb and Garlic thin pizza crust. Roast a large head of garlic and mash with some boiled red potatoes, a little cream, salt and pepper. Spread on the crust and top with sauteed red onion, diced bacon and feta cheese. Bake at 400 about 10-15 minutes.
Add a dollop of sour cream and this is one tasty tv dinner.
Another great potato pizza that is a favorite is baked potato pizza. Top the crust with a garlic alfredo sauce, slices of baked potato with skin, sprinkle with chopped onion, bacon (and sometimes broccoli) and top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake - Yum!

Marsha - Thumbs UP
Jeff - Thumbs UP

6 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT!!! idea for a YUMMY!!! pizza. This will be a FABULOUS!!! addition to PIZZA NIGHT.
Come by and visit so you can enter my giveaway.
Geri

Cynthia said...

Never heard of a potato pizza ... sounds very interesting AND filling. I love garlic potatoes.

Marsha, I've never seen a jay that was wet so close up. He doesn't look at all happy. I hope that there was some food nearby to warm him up.

Foley said...

The poor blue jay wishes he could cozy up to the fire also!

I still can't wrap my head around potato pizza - will have to try it and see what the hoopla is all about!

Must have been the day for getting the fireplace going - I started a fire tonight also..nice and warm!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I know a potato person in my family that would love your pizza :) This is a new one for me!

Kathleen said...

It looks delicious, Marsha..
I have had potato pie, but not pizza pie!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Looks and sounds wonderful Marsha! And lots of carbs to keep you warm on a damp day.