
We spent part of our holiday weekend visiting Jayme & Scott and were treated to fresh raspberry pie using their own freshly picked raspberries, and blueberry muffins using their own fresh picked blueberries. They also have an apple tree but the resident deer eat most of them and a cherry tree which isn't J & S's favorite fruit so they usually pick and give them away. She currently has a co-worker making cherry brandy and I picked the last of their cherries to make sour cherry preserves.

Sour Cherry Preserves (adapted from Martha Stewart's recipe)
2 lbs pitted fresh cherries
2 cups of sugar
Juice of a small lemon
Boil until thickened about 15 to 30 minutes.

I knew exactly what I wanted to make with the fresh cherry preserves so I set up a simple table with cherry plates and lots of paper towels...

and fired up the grill for my friend,
Carol's (There's always thyme to cook) cherry chipolte chicken wings.

I served them with grilled smashed potatoes and baby peppers.

I followed Carol's directions and used three chipolte peppers and I loved the spicy sweet heat but it was a little "hot" for Jeff's tastes. He said he prefers a honey sweet bar-b-que sauce which is great because then I get the left overs. For the complete recipe click the link above to Carol's blog post on these wings.
Marsha - Thumbs UP
Jeff - Thumbs
down
7 comments:
We have a love-hate relationship with cherries here...I love them, John hates them. I think you made great use of those cherries, Marsha!
What a beautiful place to dine with your garden looking so lush in the background!
I can't wait to try this recipe. The view of the flower garden from your table is beautiful and your cherry dishes are great. Thanks
Oh, my ... yummy! And, your flower garden in the background is gorgeous!
Jane
They look so vibrant!
I love cherries, but not chipolte, no way!
I love your plates!!
And look at those flowers, wow!
Such perfect plates!!! Love cherry preserves... perfect for the wings! The chipolte wings sound great - I probably wouldn't use as many but I do enjoy a small "bite" to the BBQ.
Love the picture of the pan full of cherries, and the picture of the plate full of cherries, and the picture of the plates ( and paper towels ... that's exactly what we would have used).
All the pictures are GREAT ... that vibrant red just pops!
What beautiful cherries! Your plates are perfect too. I tried a version of Carols recipe and loved it. Hot is good for me! :-) I see there were plenty of paper towels handy :-)
Post a Comment