Friday, June 26, 2009

Flashback & Foodie Friday...

A quick post from me this morning to give you a cookie update from the White event. I combining it with Suzy's Flashback Friday & Gollum's Foodie Friday so please click on the links to go to these wonderful hostesses blogs to see others participating in this weeks events.
It was very hot & HUMID here this week so I don't know what I was thinking trying to do painted cookies for the rehearsal dinner. After the first painted ones wouldn't dry - I gave up on painting and used the food writers and I think they turned out okay.
The really positive thing was that the colors were pink and the food coloring pink was looking red on those I painted. Can you tell the wedding colors are indigo blue, silver & pink?
These food writers are just the easiest thing to use that a 3 year old could do it. Wouldn't that be a fun project doing these with the kiddies? I would love to see cookies with those first scrawled writing out of their names or those stick drawings of their families!
These were the painted efforts - the blue stripes are more acurate on the indigo blue color but as you can see the hot pink hearts on the top look red. The blue coloring would not dry in the humidity and I could just see the wedding party on Saturday with blue food colored stained fingers so this time the food writers were definitely the way to go.
Since this is also Flashback Friday - I am flashing back to some photos of the cookie bouquets I did in April for Tammy's bridal shower. I think I did 11 or 12 dozen then.
Back then, I got out my painting supplies, Wilton cake decorating colors, Wilton food writers and inspiration photos from my friend's blogs.
I started with my favorite design, the bird nests...
and added toparies, wreaths, , flowers, birds & trees...
Texas bluebonnets and wildflower baskets...
pineapples and tulips.
There were some N loves T's and 72 different butterflies
and finally they were individually bagged and 10 cookies were added along with tulip candy suckers into 10 different centerpieces.
I copied most of the photos from the original posting but if you would like to see the original post in my flashback, you can find it HERE. Thank you to Suzy & Michael for hosting these fun events! Remember to click on the links above to see the other's participating.

*Edited to add: I am sorry I haven't had time to come and comment on the other events I participated in this week but it is very busy with a family wedding this weekend. I WILL be catching up on everyone next week - see you then ;)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the cookies, you do a beautiful job. You almost wouldn't want to eat them - yummy.
Thanks, Geri

Cynthia said...

Marsha, the rehearsal dinner cookies are lovely. The guests and Nathan and Tammy will be thrilled.

I'm not surprised that humidity would affect the painting. Thanks for the recommendation on the food writers. I know a little girl that might enjoy using them.

honeysuckle said...

What a lot of work and sweat! You are to be commended girl. They are so perfect. I hope you got to sit back and put your feet up after it was all over!

Mary Bergfeld said...

You did a wonderful job with the cookies. I'm not easily impressed but you managed to do it. That is such a lot of work. I hope everyone was appreciative. Blessings...Mary

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

What incredibly beautiful cookies. I have never used the food writers. You are just so talented. Beautiful and yummy looking cookies!

Christi

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Beautiful work, Marsha! I hope you will help me if I decide to make some for the baby shower :)

I hope everything goes perfectly tomorrow! I know you cookies will be a big hit. I'll be thinking of you!

Joyce said...

Amazing cookies and have fun at the wedding.
Joyce

Foley said...

Beautiful work Marsha! Nathan & Tammy are going to be thrilled and I'm sure a few will be included in the memory box of this weekend.

All my good thoughts are with you and JEff for this weekend and the very best wishes for Nathan & Tammy..

Suzy said...

I LOVE the cakes!!! Great job Marsha. I know they will be a huge hit. You will become the cookies lady now. Love the flashback to your earlier cookies. They are fun to do...time consuming but fun! Wishing you a wonderful wedding weekend! I'm honored you took the time to join in the FF!

Carol said...

They came out perfect! Definitely will be a huge hit! Just as the flowers were at the shower!

Wishing all the best to Nathan and Tammy! Congratulations! Thinking of you all, have a great weekend!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

You are very talented!!! I love each and every one!!!!!!

Kathleen said...

They look great! What a labor of love..just beautiful..
Hoping all is going well..can't wait for the pics!

Kathy Walker said...

Oh my goodness! That appears to be labor intensive! They are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing and for stopping by my blog!