Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring brownies...

spring has arrived with the first tulips blooming outside and...inside. Of course, after the first blossoms comes the arrival of the bees and butterflies.
I bought this fun bugs and butterflies cake pan thinking how fun it would be to use for garden tea parties. My first effort was mocha brownies with chocolate ganache. They tasted wonderful and looked pretty darn cute.
I think you will be seeing lots more bugs and butterflies as summer arrives ;}

8 comments:

Foley said...

Those are really cute - just think of all the things you can do with those!! I wonder if you could do butter molds with them..
Looking forward to your creations Marsha..

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, that is just the most precious mold I have seen! You are going to have so much fun with that mold. The brownies sound heavenly :-)

A Grain of Salt said...

Oh, that is sweet, Marsha! Cute, cute! Looking forward to more creations.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What an adorable mold, Marsha! I can imagine all of the cute critters we'll be seeing from you this summer :)

The mocha brownies with chocolate ganach sound delicious.

Kathleen said...

They are great! Were you keeping the mold a secret! It is so cute!
Your brownies look amazing, and yes they will be great for summer parties..I see a lemon butterfly...:)

Joyce said...

I have a question for you on these cute little bugs. Do you find it hard to clean the pan after baking? I find if I spray the pan they come out lopsided and if I grease and flower by hand it works better but takes ages to clean the pan. I use a toothbrush. I was at WS this weekend and they have an Oreo pan. I was flipping out in the store and started to talk to myself but out loud. Not a good thing:) The sales help were looking like they might call the men with the white jackets to take me away. I love to play with flour so I could not contain myself:)
Joyce

Suzy said...

Somehow I missed these. Oh how cute they are. I was trying to imagine how they would come out. I love the look!!! Money well spent I think. Have you seen the pan that makes a cake that looks like an oreo?

From the Old InkWell said...

Oh Marsha, that is too funny! Wonder what else we have in common??? :0)