Friday, April 3, 2009

Flashback, Foodie Friday...

It's Friday...so that means once again I am joining Michael at Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday and Suzy at Kitchen Bouquet for Flashback Friday.
Does anyone remember the movie, Waitress, with Keri Russell? It had a wonderful song...called "the pie song"..."Baby don’t you cry, gonna make a pie, gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle." ...

Some of my online friends and I took "heart" to the song and did all kinds of things with a "heart in the middle". My offering was Ina Garten's Portobello Mushroom Lasagna. You can find the recipe on Food Network HERE.
I plated it up with another heart stuck in the middle...parmesean cheese melted in a heart cookie cutter.
Dessert was also heart themed...Chocolate Truffle pie. This recipe is from Kraft Foods and you can find the recipe HERE.
Hearts came into this plating in the form of heart shaped ice cream.

I hope you enjoyed this foodie flashback! Since I didn't have a kitchen blog back then, it is fun to be able to post some of these past events on this blog. Please click on the links to Gollum & Suzy to view others participating in these events.

14 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What wonderfully delicious goodness! And I've always wondered how chefs get those great parmesan crisps that they serve, and now I know! YEA! I love parmesan cheese! :-) And this entire meals looks delicious. Beautifully presented with a lot of heart! ;-)

Happy Foodie Friday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Foley said...

Marsha - you are over the top with this menu! All looks absolutely gorgeous and delicious!

I'll have to ask you about those parmesan crisps..

Great posts and fantastic photos!!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Oh, I love this post. What a fabulous idea to make a parmesan heart--or anything. I've got a zillion cookie cutters, and since I can't pipe icing without causing a disaster, I might be able to make the parmesan crisps! :-) The portabella recipe looks delicious. Thanks so much for participating!

Chandy said...

Wow, I love all the connecting hearts for all of these dishes! I'll try that with my next V-day menu!

Carol said...

Looks great, Marsha! I loved the movie and it was a really fun event, straight from the heart, way back then :)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Love the parmesan heart and all of your other heart-felt creations ;)

Martha said...

Love the hearts! Your food looks wonderful!

Cynthia said...

Marsha, what a sweet"heart" you are!

I LOVE each of your "hearty" foods.

We enjoyed "Waitress". Keri Russell is such a cutie, and I definitely remember the "Pie Song".

What a LOVEly Foodie and Flashback Friday post.

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I just wanted to tell you that I made adorable barnyard parmesan crisps tonight. Rabbits, ducks, and chicks. So cute! Thanks for the superb inspiration!

A Grain of Salt said...

Marsha, very sweet post. I remember each of your heart dishes and love them as much now as then!

Suzy said...

Of course I remember all of your special hearts Marsha. I think you had the best of all the posts. I got a heart stencil at the Japanese Yen store this week. I'll have to try it out soon!! I'm so glad you took the time out for Flashback Friday!!!! I know your a busy woman.

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

All I can say is, Wow! Everything looks amazing. I'm glad you did a flashback since I missed this on it's premiere post! Gorgeous!

The Bloom Girls said...

Marsha,

Thanks for sharing all the wonderful ideas! The parmesan heart garnish is just fabulous, I am going to food nap that! My family is a big fan of Italian dishes and I can think of a bunch of family favorites that would be jazzed up with one of your cheese hearts! Thanks for sharing.

Karyn :)

Anonymous said...

Marsha, I just loved "Waitress" and the Pie Song. There was a wonderful youtube with scenes from the movie along with the song in the background, but it has been removed, darn. I had it bookmarked and just loved to see it and hear it.