Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Chicken part two...

Since I bought the family pack of chicken breasts we had them for dinner again tonight. This time I made Honey Lime Grilled Chicken but since it is raining and only 46 degrees, I chose to bake them at high heat with the air-bake feature turned on rather than stand out in the cold to grill.I found this recipe on a blog called "Mommy's Kitchen", but forgot to bookmark the exact page.

1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
1/2 cup Mr. Yoshidas Gourmet Sweet & Savory
4 - (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

Mix the marinade together in a zip lock bag. Add the chicken breasts and marinade in the refrigerator overnight or 4-8 hours. The blog author said "you can use teriyaki sauce, hoison sauce or pineapple juice if you cannot find Mr. yoshidas sauce. I get mine at Sam's club" so I used hoison sauce but only about 4 tablespoons. I will definitely make this recipe again, trying it on the grill next time.

Marsha - Thumbs Up
Jeff - Thumbs Up - he is so funny these days, if he sees I take a photo of my plate he knows to give me the thumbs up or down so he just flashes me the symbol after a few bites ;}

8 comments:

Foley said...

This is something I would really like..will have to look for Mr. Yoshidas the next time I'm at Sam's!
I have a feeling Jeff hasn't ever given you a "thumbs down" :)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I've never heard of Mr. Yoshidas! I'll have to see if I can find it next time I'm at Sam's. It certanly looks and sounds worthy of two thumbs up ;)

Suzy said...

This looks mighty tasty. I have bought Mr. Yoshida and like him! Your oven sure did cook it up well. I don't have that feature. Those husbands can be pretty helpful when they want to be!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I've heard of Yoshidas, so next time I see it, it will go in my cart! Looks delicious Marsha.

A Grain of Salt said...

Marsha, another winner. That is so funny about Jeff! A team player!

Cynthia said...

What a vibrant picture ... looks really tasty.

I've seen Mr. Yoshidas ... I know John would love the chicken prepared that way.

I loved Barb's comment regarding Jeff, and how cute that Jeff knows the "routine".

Marsha said...

Thanks all for the comments.

Barb, don't kid yourself about the "thumbs down" from Jeff - there are many. One listed here was the cabbage and potatoes from St. Patrick's day. He loved the chicken and sour cream the other night but wanted to know why we couldn't just have "regular" corn instead of the fire-roasted TJ's ;} At heart, he is still a simple meat and potatoes guy.

Kathleen said...

Did I ever tell you the story of how Mr. Yoshida hit me in the head at SAMS?? Really..
Chicken looks very tasty!