We spent lots of time with family & friends this weekend so another dessert I made to bring to a BBQ is red/white/blue cake balls displayed to look like a flag. What are cake balls?? - Bake a 9 x 13 cake of any flavor of your choosing. This one was a dark chocolate one. Using your CLEAN hands, crumble the baked & cooled cake into into a large bowl and mix with one can of premade frosting of your choice. I used dark chocolate. Mix well with your spatula and then take spoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls. Freeze until firm and then dip into melted Wilton chocolate melts - the color of your choice. Easy Peasy Dessert and was very popular at 2 gatherings this weekend.
Monday, July 4, 2011
Simple holiday dessert...
We spent lots of time with family & friends this weekend so another dessert I made to bring to a BBQ is red/white/blue cake balls displayed to look like a flag. What are cake balls?? - Bake a 9 x 13 cake of any flavor of your choosing. This one was a dark chocolate one. Using your CLEAN hands, crumble the baked & cooled cake into into a large bowl and mix with one can of premade frosting of your choice. I used dark chocolate. Mix well with your spatula and then take spoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls. Freeze until firm and then dip into melted Wilton chocolate melts - the color of your choice. Easy Peasy Dessert and was very popular at 2 gatherings this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a fun, patriotic dessert! I'll have to remember this for next year.
These were sooo yummy! Thanks for sharing!
Very festive! They turned out great.
These 4th of July cake balls, look amazing. This is a great idea for the holiday weekend. Awesome.
Velva
Post a Comment