We are eating an abundance of veggies these days thanks to my weekly CSA deliveries, it is more than 2 people can eat in a week so I am learning to blanch and freeze a few veggies for this winter. Since I am always looking for new recipes, I immediately bookmarked
this recipe for chickpea salad on my friend, Carol, There's Always Thyme to Cook's blog. She wrote it was her son's favorite but that he wanted her to hold the carrots next time :) I think we would love the carrot addition but since we haven't received any carrots in our basket yet, I refuse to buy vegetables when I can hardly eat all the ones I have :)

I halved all the ingredients on this first try of this recipe because I knew Jeff would question the chickpeas so it made a smaller batch. We served it with grilled veggies
(cut up asst. veggies tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh chopped rosemary & garlic) and steaks.


Chickpea Salad as copied from
Carol's blog.
Source: T @ the Deli
adapted by There's Always Thyme to Cook
2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 hothouse cucumber, diced (washed and seeded, not peeled)
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 small red onion, diced
1 carrot, shredded (optional)
little bit chopped parsley
Dressing:
approximate, it's all to taste, more or less!
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil (more or less to taste, we like more vinegar than oil)
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
salt and freshly ground pepper
Mix the dressing in a jar and shake to combine. Pour over the vegetables, mix well, and chill in the frig for a bit. Serve.
My Notes: I halved the recipe with good success. We had green pepper on hand so I used that instead of a red one. This one is a keeper - Thanks Carol!
Marsha - Thumbs UP
Jeff - Thumbs UP
5 comments:
hey, Marsha, glad you liked it! YAY, two thumbs up :) I got the recipe from the deli where my son works. She also uses the same dressing with just tomato chunks and chopped red onions and it's also really good!
I copied Carol's recipe to try too! What a great salad with lots of protein and perfect for those fresh farm veggies.
I guess I'm just going to have to try chickpeas!! First I'll have to find them..it looks so good.
I am glad you are finding good use for all your veggies. Please don't send them here. We have an embargo on zucchini and chick peas, absolutely not allowed! :)
Hope you are staying cool!
If you're looking to lose fat then you certainly have to get on this brand new custom keto plan.
To produce this keto diet, certified nutritionists, fitness couches, and chefs joined together to develop keto meal plans that are useful, painless, money-efficient, and delightful.
Since their grand opening in 2019, 100's of people have already transformed their figure and health with the benefits a smart keto plan can offer.
Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-proven ones offered by the keto plan.
Post a Comment