Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Potato Kielbasa Skillet...

I'm married to a hunter so I have an abundance of venison sausage in my freezer. I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website for Potato Kielbasa Skillet and it looked good so I tried it tonight substituting vension for the kielbasa. It was a "keeper" recipe :)

Potato Kielbasa Skillet
from Taste of Home - original recipe can be found Here.
Ingredients

* 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
* 3 tablespoons water
* 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 4 cups fresh baby spinach
* 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

Directions

* Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
* In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
* Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.

Marsha - Thumbs Up
Jeff - Thumbs Up

5 comments:

Suzy said...

This looks delicious. I love potatoes and anything cooked like that! Bet that sausage is tasty.

Foley said...

Definitely sounds like a keeper - except for the venison part! LOL Haven't had deer yet that tasted good - maybe it was the way it was fixed - and before you say it...I have never cooked it! :)

Carol said...

I had venison in college cooked in a toaster oven! 'nuff said! but I'd be willing to have it as a sausage, yours looks fantastic, Marsha, I love sausage and potatoes!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Looks delicious. I am sure we will have venison in our freezer this coming fall. I do enjoy venison now that I have some great recipes.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I can't believe I missed this one! No venison here - not for a good many years since my parents sold their cottage in northern Wisconsn. We love sausage though and this recipe sounds great!