
My friend, Suzy (Kitchen Bouquet), started The Great Cooking Magazine Challenge back in March. Sometimes, life just gets hectic and I have yet to participate in a challenge because most of my magazines don't get read for months. Yesterday was an exception, I received my latest issue of Food Network Magazine while laid up with a bad knee so I sat down to read it. I came across a healthy recipe for fish tacos that looked worth trying. I immediately wrote down the ingredients I needed as I had planned on grocery shopping today. We had them for dinner and they were delicious...but I really had to laugh at my inaugural effort in this challenge. The tasty recipe I found for Tilapia Soft Tacos with Chipotle Cream wasn't found in an article with a famous food network star chef, it was in an advertisement for Mission Tortillas.
Tilapia Soft Tacos with Chipotle Cream
recipe from FN magazine Mission tortilla advertisement and also on http://missionmenus.com/
4 Mission® 8 inch Soft Taco Carb Balance Flour Tortillas
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
4 cloves Garlic minced
3 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro chopped
1 pound Tilapia Fillets
2 tablespoons Lime Juice
2 cups Mixed Greens
Chipotle Cream Sauce:
2 canned Chipotle Chilies in Adobo minced and seeded
1 cup Fat Free Sour Cream
1/4 teaspoon Salt
Recipe Instructions:
1. Mix the Chipotle Cream Sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a skillet set at medium-high heat, add the seven ingredients from the olive oil through the cilantro. Sauté those ingredients for 5 minutes.
3. After the 5 minutes, add the tilapia and cover and cook for 3 minutes or until fish is fully cooked. Then add in lime juice and let cook for 1 additional minute.
4. Heat the tortillas according to the package instructions. Lay each of the warmed tortillas on a cutting board and place one-quarter of both the field greens and fish on the center of each tortilla. Then top each with equal amounts of the Chipotle Cream Sauce.
5. Fold the tortillas over to form tacos and serve.
My Notes: I used the Mission Plus "Heart Healthy" tortillas and light sour cream. I also cut and pasted this recipe from the website but the magazine version was for grilling the fish so that is what I did. Grilled on med-low temp after spraying the grill surface with cooking spray.
Marsha - Thumbs Up
Jeff - Thumbs Up
I have been looking at old photos, mementos and recipes of my mom's this week to join in the Mother's Day event hosted by Barb, Foley's Follies. Here is a quote from her describing the event "All our welcome to join in with the participants linked through Mr. Linky. Another reminder of the Mothers Day Tribute the weekend of May 8th. Please stop in and post photos and recipes or special heirloom items from your Mother, Grandmother, Mother-in-Law or anyone who is important to you on this day! Mr. Linky will be up and running!"Please come back this weekend to see my tribute to my mom and also head over to Barb's to see all the other's joining in.
5 comments:
Hey look at you!! What a great job and advertisements count..yes they do! Great recipe you chose. Fish tacos are very popular out here at restaurants. I've never tried one, but I bet I'd like yours. The sauce sounds yum. Thanks for taking the challenge!!!
Great challenge Marsha - I've heard so much about fish tacos but hav never made them... will have to ask son if he would be interested in them!
Oh, Marsha, I had to chuckle that the challenge recipe came from an advertisement in the magazine; they definitely know how to make something look appealing.
Glad you found another two-thumbs up winner.
I love your mosaic tray.
Look at you dining 'al fresco' already! I've never tried making fish tacos at home but they do look delicious! The chipotle cream sounds wonderful :)
Marsha, yea, dining al fresco... I love it and I'm so happy your weather is cooperating. The fish tacos sound delish to me. Love your tulips!
Post a Comment