Friday, May 1, 2009

Flashback and Foodie Friday...

It's Friday so once again that means I am joining Michael (Gollum) at Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday and
Suzy at Kitchen Bouquet for Flashback Friday.

This week's foodie friday is themed for Cinco de Mayo and I had some trouble finding flashback photos showcasing food photos for this event. But, I did find this photo showing one of our favorite snacks in a Mexican pottery dish...homemade salsa with chunks of fresh avocado served with flour tortillas baked with pepper jack cheese...
and going way back to last fall, a bowl of chili with cheese and tortilla strips.
In keeping with the Mexican theme, let's flashback to last summer's garden and showcase...
the Mexican Shell Flower (Tigridia pavonia)...
and the thousands of Monarch's that migrate through each fall on their way back to Mexico for the winter.
Thank you Michael and Suzy for hosting these events. Click on the links at the top of the page to see other's participating.

12 comments:

Chandy said...

Gorgeous and yummy pictures!

bj said...

ummm, sounds so yummy. And your large photos are beautiful..

Foley said...

Marsha - great post..your dishes look yummy. Is the sunflower bowl a PK?
The posts of the flowers and especially the one of the monarchs are outstanding!

imjacobsmom said...

Great photos and great dishes! Happy Cinco de Mayo! ~ Robyn

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Beautiful post!!

Joyce said...

Amazing butterflies in that photo!
Joyce

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I am getting so hungry! I love the sunflower bowl with the nachos and salsa and the flowers are stunning, Marsha!

Cynthia said...

Lovely post, Marsha ...

Is the picture of the monarchs from your yard? Amazing....

I love your sunflower dish and the avocado salsa and tortilla with pepper jack sounds like a very tasty snack.

I'm definitely craving Mexican food right now. :)

A Grain of Salt said...

Marsha, you really came up with some winners! The salsa with avacado looks so good! Your flowers always make me smile.

Jayne @ S&S

Kathleen said...

Great working the Monarchs in with your salsa..well not mixing it IN the salsa..:)
Flowers are beau!

Suzy said...

The food all looks great, but I am enthralled by the butterflies. Now that is a flashback worth replaying over and over again!!!! Was that at your place??? Thanks for joining me Marsha!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I am going wild over your food, dishes, napkins, and flowers! The chunky salsa is making me slobber with delight! What a beautiful, beautiful post!
Hugs,
G